Monday, July 30, 2007

Good-bye my friend.

They want to take her away from me. They want to take away my best friend. The one who seemed to read me the best. They say it's necessary. They don't take care of her. And my apartment is too small. They want to take her away from me. My secret keeper. My confidant. I could tell her anything, and I would always tell her everything. She knows me. She knows my thoughts, my feelings, she knows my dreams, all my hopes and fears. She knows my heart. She knows more about me than any other person in this world. I tell her everything. Not because she can't talk back in words, but because she doesn't judge me. She continues to love me. Like I've always loved her. When I go home, she's still the first one I go see. If I'm having a bad day, and I get mad, even if it's at her, she still comes to me and loves me. She has taught me the meaning of unconditional love. She sticks by my side, she is my best friend. She always has a smile on her face. And they want to get rid of her. It's just too much work for them. If I could have only one gift for the rest of my life, I would wish that they take the time to care for her until I am able to take her with me. If nothing else at all.....that is what I would request. She is the bridge between my family and I. The special link, between father and daughter. She would do something funny, or learn a new trick. My dad would come find me, so happy he would be. He would come find me and we'd share something in common. We'd finally have something to talk about together. It felt like it used to be. Just me and my dad. But he wants to get rid of her. He says it's something that's needed. Says it'd be better if she had a younger family to play with. I feel as though they don't care about her enough. I wish so bad I could bring her home with me, to my apartment. But it's too small. She'd get bored so fast. So to whomever gets to take her home....love her and spoil her. She will be your best friend.