Monday, August 20, 2007

Salt Lake City Library

I'm here at the library, and I must say I love this building among many others in salt lake. The building has a circular theme to it, and is designed so that those who are interested in the books can be on one side, and for those who want to get work done, but without the library crowd, they can sit on the outer but inside edges of the building. It is designed with rectangles and triangles. The square elevators are glass so you can see everything around you as you glide up and down to your destination. There are cafes, and shops on the lowest level. The internet connection is free for two hours, then You have to come back another day or re-login for more time. This building also allows you to venture onto the roof if you feel inclined to do so. There is also a park on the library grounds. Where people can sleep and talk....or walk to more stores which are also connected to the library. The basement is for the children, and has their art work pasted on the walls. Keeping one entertained for quite a while. A college sits on the north eastern side, accross the road. Meaning the library is located in a hot spot. It takes me a while to find.....but eventually I get here. Salt Lake is still so big! And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to make my way to the top of the building, I want to see the exhilirating view the roof has to offer. Ciao!