Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Just Dance!

So my sister's dance team was supposed to perform at the UTAH FLASH Basketball game last night, but didn't have the opportunity to do so, due to a rumor that Michael Jordan was going to play a little one on one with Bryon Russell. Both former NBA players. The seats were packed! The speakers were too loud, it stunk like junk food that you can only find at sporting events, and there were even games behind the bleachers for kids to play if they got restless. What a night!

Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned. First because my sister & her team didn't get to perform at half time. Rather, they had to run in in-between time outs to do a 15--20 second skit of a dance. Second, we had 10 minutes of "dead-air" after the five minutes of "B. Russ" standing in the middle of the court "waiting" for MJ to show face on the court. Guess what though? MJ didn't show up. Why would he? I mean, yes it would have been exciting for him to show up, but he didn't. and quite honestly I laugh at those who came to the game Just to see him. I mean, don't get me wrong, I was excited to see if he'd show, but I wasn't holding my breath. As for those who were...HA HA HA!!

After getting home, we sat amongst ourselves enjoying a cup of homemade Egg Nog ice cream, and talking about the game. We didn't think it'd get any news publicity. But it did! http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8955144 The Flash owner even posted an explanation of sorts on his blog, and left it open for comments! Props to him for that. I don't think I could ever do that, let alone respond to all those negative comments.

In the end, it was a pretty good night. I got to spend a few hours with my family, and my two most adorable nieces. Had homemade egg nog ice cream, and still got to bed at a decent hour (I love my sleep). And Trent brought me flowers before heading down to orem. :-) Brownie points for him.

Thank you all for a good night! :-)

0 comments: